What is the process for NRI enrolment?
The process is:
- Visit any Aadhaar Kendra of your convenience.
- Carry valid Indian Passport with you
- Fill details in the enrolment form
- Giving Email ID is mandatory for NRI
- The declaration for NRI enrolment is slightly different. Read and sign the same in your enrolment form
- Ask the operator to enroll you as NRI
- Give your Passport as Proof of Identity
- You may choose to use your Passport itself as Proof of Address and Date of Birth proof or give some other valid document/s for this (As per https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf)
- Complete the biometric capture process
- Check all details on screen (in English and local language) before you allow the operator to submit
- Collect the acknowledgement slip/ enrolment slip that has your 14 digit Enrolment ID and Date & Time Stamp. You can check status of your Aadhaar from: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-aadhaar