What are the Document Scanning Guidelines of UIDAI?
The Operator will scan Originals of each of the documents below depending on the type of enrolment:
- Enrolment Form – For each Enrolment
- PoI, PoA – For document based enrolments
- DoB document – For Verified Date of Birth
- PoR – For Head of Family Based Enrolments
- Acknowledgement cum Consent – For each Enrolment after Operator and Resident’s signature
- In instances where Original documents are not available, copies attested / certified by a public notary / gazetted officer will be accepted.
- The documents are scanned in a sequence and all document scans are standard size (A4).
- Make sure that the desired portions (the data entered during Aadhaar enrolment) of the document are visible clearly in the scan and the document pages do not overlap.
- Each scanned page must be legible and without any marks due to dust and scratches. Remove the previous scan and re- scan a document where required.
- Once all document pages are scanned, the Operator can see and check the total no. of pages scanned and confirm that all pages are scanned.
- Return all the original documents and Enrolment Form to the resident. Also handover the acknowledgement cum Consent to the Resident.