What are the responsibilities of a Verifier?
For enrolment, Resident will bring his/her Original documents/ Attested Photocopies along with filled Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Form. Verifier must verify the information mentioned in the supporting documents with the information mentioned in the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Form. Verifier also checks that the names of the documents captured in the enrolment form are correct and same as the original documents produced by the resident.
- Verifier needs to be available in the enrolment centre throughout the operating hours of the centre. Registrars should ensure physical presence of verifiers during the enrolment.
- It is verifier’s responsibility to ensure that Enrolment/Update Form is filled completely and correctly as per UIDAI enrolment process. No mandatory field should be left blank and resident should be encouraged to fill optional fields like mobile number and email address.
- Verifier will sign and stamp the Enrolment/Update Form after verification. If stamp is not available, the verifier can sign and put his/her Name. The resident will then go to the Enrolment Agency Operator for getting Enroled.
- However, if the resident is Enroled and has come for Correction for a particular demographic field, the resident need not enter all details in the Form. The resident must provide his/her original Enrolment Number, Date and Time (together known as EID), his/her Name and the field which needs correction.
- Verifier will only verify if it is one of the fields requiring verification of documents. Verifier will use the same UIDAI verification guidelines as used during resident enrolment.
- Verifier’s signature/thumb print and stamp/Name is required except in case where copies attested / certified by a public notary / gazetted officer are being submitted.
- The Verifier must be physically present at the enrolment centre every day and, thus, can monitor the Enrolment Centre performance and provide immediate information to UIDAI and Registrar on process deviations and malpractices at the enrolment centre.