Vision & Mission
To empower residents of India with a unique identity and a digital platform to authenticate anytime, anywhere.
- To provide for good governance, efficient, transparent and targeted delivery of subsidies, benefits and services, the expenditure for which is incurred from the Consolidated Fund of India, to residents of India through assigning of unique identity numbers.
- To develop policy, procedure and system for issuing Aadhaar number to residents of India, who request for same by submitting their demographic information and biometric information by undergoing the process of enrolment.
- To develop policy, procedure and systems for Aadhaar holders for updating and authenticating their digital identity.
- Ensure availability, scalability and resilience of the technology infrastructure.
- Build a long term sustainable organization to carry forward the vision and values of the UIDAI.
- To ensure security and confidentiality of identity information and authentication records of individuals.
- To ensure compliance of Aadhaar Act by all individual and agencies in letter and spirit.
- To make regulations & rules consistent with the Aadhaar Act, for carrying out the provisions of the Aadhaar Act.
- We believe in facilitating good governance
- We value integrity
- We are committed to inclusive nation building
- We pursue a collaborative approach and value our partners
- We will strive towards excellence in services to residents and service providers
- We will always focus on continuous learning and quality improvements
- We are driven by innovation and provide a platform for our partners to innovate
- We believe in a transparent and open organization