Who is an Operator and what are his/her qualifications?
An Operator is employed by an Enrolment Agency to execute enrolment at the enrolment stations. To qualify for this role, person should satisfy the following criteria:
- The person should be of age 18 years and above.
- The person shall be 10+2 pass and should preferably be a graduate.
- The person should have been Enroled for Aadhaar and his/her Aadhaar number should have been generated.
- The person should have a basic understanding of operating a computer and should be comfortable with local language keyboard and transliteration.
- The person should have obtained “Operator Certificate” from a Testing and Certification Agency appointed by UIDAI.
Before starting work as an Operator:
- The person must be engaged and activated by any Enrolment Agency in accordance with UIDAI guidelines prior to commencing enrolments.
- The person should have undergone Training Session conducted by Regional Offices/Enrolment Agency on Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Processes and various equipment and devices used during Aadhaar enrolment.
- The person should have read the complete Training Material on Aadhaar Enrolment/Update available on UIDAI website before giving the certification exam.
- The person should be comfortable with local language keyboard and transliteration
- Operator must submit his/her “On boarding Form” along with the required documents to the Enrolment Agency which in turn submit the form to concerned “UIDAI Regional Offices” for verification.
- After verification Regional Offices will approve/reject the on boarding with the respective Enrolment Agency.
- Enrolment Agency will then add the Operator by taking his/her biometrics in the Aadhaar client software and provide a User Name & Password to operate the Enrolment Machine.
- Enroled User means that the user’s biometric details verification at UIDAI is successfully completed and stored in local database at the enrolment station.